This was a very exciting day. Cook it, Eat it, Love it has been nominated twice, to the Liebster Award. Until this morning, I didn’t even know such award existed. I googled it; the Liebster Award is a blog award with the aim of spreading the word of up coming blogs that we love.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
- Link back to the tagger who nominated you.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs!
Ok, so here are eleven things about me;
- I drink only green tea
- I talk to my plants at home
- When something goes wrong in the kitchen, I always cry
- I can’t draw
- Handbags are my weakness
- I married a guy who can’t ride a bike- he is 34! No idea which planet he is from ;)
- Eduardo Mendoza is my favourite author
- I love family gatherings
- I am a real control freak- like Monica from Friends ;)
- I misunderstood my dog’s name when we were adopting her, so now her name is Rosti ;)
- I want to take Trans Siberian Railway one day
And now for the questions posed to me by Ruth of Rake of Cakes;
What is your most hated food item?
Not easy because I am not very picky when it comes to food BUT I do not enjoy eating Steak Tartare
What’s your earliest memory involving cooking?
My grandmother trying to teach me how to make pancakes…let’s say I didn’t pass ;)
Who is your favourite famous chef?
Jamie, I really like his attitude in the kitchen :)
What is your favourite dish to cook?
Pasta! Viva Italia!
If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be and why?
Montenegro! Great food, friendly people, glorious weather and breath taking views. Easy one ;)
Sweet or savoury?
Sweet, of course!
If you could publish a cookbook tomorrow, what would you call it?
Cook it, Eat it, Love it ;) It would be about cooking & eating and loving Galway.
What’s your favourite pizza topping?
4 cheese with honey
What do you find most challenging about writing your blog?
Time, I hope one day I will be able to dedicate it all my time :)
What’s your favourite non-food-related tv show?
You have one night to live …. name your 3 course meal!!
Bruschetta with sun dried tomatoes, prosciutto ham, pesto and feta cheese
My husband’s famous spinach lasagna
Apple pie served with vanilla ice cream
I would like to nominate the following bloggers;
- Mama Yoc’s Kitchen
- The Toasted Special
- Stirring Food
- Sandwich Chocolate Biscuit
- Sunny Side Up
- Liz’s Real Tastes of Ireland
- Primal Piggy
- Bella de la Luna Foodie Adventures
- Food I Ate
- Brownieville Girl
- Cooking Spain
And the list of my questions for the nominees;
- The craziest food you have ever tasted.
- Wine or beer?
- Your favourite Christmas memory
- Which Friends character are you?
- End the sentence; I had a dream….
- Did you prepare for the end of world last year?
- Who cooks at your home?
- Describe your perfect getaway
- Your favourite cuisine
- Which place in Ireland would you recommend and why?
- Do you eat after 10pm? ;)
Finally my answers to Evans of Gourmet Dough questions;
1.Who is your least favourite tv chef and why?
Gordon, do I really have to explain it? ;)
2.Why did you start blogging?
I needed to share my passion with others who apparently do enjoy read it as much as I do creating posts, and cooking of course :)
3.What is your favourite and least favourite thing about blogging?
Favourite; engagement with the audience. Least favourite; lack of time to do so as often as I would like to.
4.What is the best advice you have ever been given?
5.If I gave you £5000 right now, what would you buy?
Plane tickets to Philippines.
6.What camera do you use?
7.Describe yourself in one word.
8.Name one thing that you want to achieve in the next year?
9.What is your favourite Irish Food Blog and why?
Cooking Spain- I luv everything about Spain and this blog sends a lot of positive energy
10.Where do you get inspiration from? (For your blog or life in general)
From my husband
11.Why do you love cooking?
It makes me feel relaxed. And cooking is my way of saying Love you to my family and friends :)