I made this cake a couple of weeks ago when we had a can of sliced peaches and a box of fresh strawberries left in the fridge. As you already know, we are both big sweet teeth so when there is an idea of baking something, it is immediately turned into action.
To make this simplest cake in the world and delicious, of course ;), you need;
- 2 full cups of plain flour
- 250g unsalted, softened butter and some extra for greasing
- 3/4 of cup of powdered sugar
- 2 yolks
- 100ml of water
- box of fresh strawberries
- can of sliced peaches ( or fresh peaches if available in your grocery store- this is of course recommended)
Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease the base and the sides of the tin. Put the flour and sugar into a bowl. Then rub in the butter gently with your fingertips, add water and yolks to form a crumbly ball of dough. Now wrap 1/3 of the dough in cling film and chill in the refrigerator for 30 mins.
Spread the rest of the dough in the prepared tin. Now place randomly halves of strawberries and sliced peaches. Take out the 1/3 of the dough out of the refrigerator. Use a grater to top the fruits with the grated dough, like on the picture below; Now bake for 50 minutes.
It was easy, wasn’t it :) And heavenly good!